Creativity, Action, Service (CAS) is at the heart of the IB Diploma Program. It is one of the three essential core elements in addition to the six academic subjects.
At the same time the IB CAS interrelates perfectly with the mission statement of Concordian International School, which emphasizes developing young people with dignity, integrity and compassion.
- The C stands for Creativity in art or other activities involving creative thinking.
- The A stands for Action on physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
- The S stands for Service which is an unpaid and voluntary exchange that has a learning benefit for the students.
The CAS learning process has the following outcomes:
- Increase awareness of their own strengths and areas of growth
- Be able to undertake new challenges
- Learn know how to plan and initiate new activities as well as develop new skills
- Learn how to work collaboratively with others
- Share perseverance and commitment during their work in activities
- Engage with issues of global importance
- Be able to consider ethical implication of activities
- Developed new skills